Friday, May 22, 2009

The Palms Motel

It seems that most of my past posts have featured old commercials, so just for the record I do plan to vary things a bit more, actually quite a bit more. For example, here is a scan (courtesy of Lowly Tootle over at Flickr) of a vintage post card featuring the Palms Motel on Interstate Avenue in Portland, Oregon. I haven't been in that area in quite some time, but as far as I know the motel is still there, as is that spectacular sign, although I don't think the monkey goes up and down the tree anymore, but I think it still lights up, and it is really something to see at night. So there you have it, a wonderful piece of Americana from the days when US highways were exciting and new, and held the promise of adventure.

Have a great weekend.

-Cheers!

No comments: