Friday, August 7, 2009

Mister Ed and the Missing Tiki Week

Last week I promised to make it Tiki Week, but we had a heat wave that just sapped the majority of my thinking abilities, so it will be put on hold, and I believe Thin Man Week was also put on hold. Maybe it isn't just the weather, I have been in a bit of a funk lately as well, it just seems the whole world is going to shit. The one thing I've noticed that makes me feel better is watching the old Mister Ed TV program. Actually, any old TV show will work, but lately I've been watching Mister Ed to counter act the effects of watching the news. Sadly this is the end of the week, so we'll jam pack a bunch O' Mister Ed into one post. That's a little Mister Ed humor in case you missed it, you know Wilbur Post, Mister Ed's owner.

A nice little tribute using the ME theme song, with lots of stills and some cool paper ephemera.


This is a commercial for the 1962 Studebaker Lark automobile, which sponsored the show.


And finally, Mister Ed plays a little baseball with the LA Dodgers.

No comments: