Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Perry Mason Opening

Continuing with the old TV show opening credits theme, here is a the opening for the Perry Mason television program starring Raymond Burr. Oh, and here is a little tidbit that not everyone knows, Barbara Hale, who played Mason's super efficient secretary, Della Street, was in real life the sister of Alan Hale Jr., who played the Skipper on Gilligan's Island. I know of at least one episode in which he guest starred, although I can't remember the name of the episode.
This show brings back some very fond, albeit vague, memories from my childhood. Every Friday afternoon my mom and I would take my grandma shopping in Mom's 1957 Cadillac, Ol' Betsey. The point is that when we got to Grandma's house, we had to wait until Perry Mason was over before we could go shopping. As another point of interest, Perry Mason has been playing continuously on channel 12 KPTV here in Portland for longer than I have been alive. It really is a local institution, and I think it is safe to say, that if TV shows were comfort foods, Perry Mason would be macaroni & cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments: